Doctor Rao
Doctor Rao, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MD,DPM,MRCPsych

How long does it take for viibryd to work for anxiety i have

How long does it take for viibryd to work for anxiety i have been taking it now for 6 weeks but just increased to the max dose of 40 mg over a week ago and now i am starting to feel better with my anxiety...Is the medicine going to continue to work and will i feel even better or is it finished and this is the way i am going to feel.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Rao replied 2 years ago.

mindovermood : Hi, are you on any other medication as well?
Customer:

Lithium for Depression

Customer:

450 mg @ night and 300 mg in the morning

mindovermood :

Ok.

mindovermood :

Vilazodone usually attains maximum response by 8 weeks according to clinical experience and most of the studies.

Customer:

from what point since i just increased it to 40 mg recently?

mindovermood :

As it is seretonin reuptake inhibitor unlike benzodiazepine it doesn't have tolerance.That means its effects would be longer term

mindovermood :

No.Most of the experience is from the start of the drug

Customer:

will my anxiety continue to improve as i just started feeling better a few days ago?

mindovermood :

However it is important for you to be cautious about any significant life stressors and during those periods be bit cautious

mindovermood :

Yes.The evidence is for low mood and anxiety.As the low mood improves anxiety gets better

mindovermood :

You might be aware by now but i just wanted to tell you please inform pharmacists and doctors about your Lithium if you see them for any other condition or reason if the medication is prescribed

mindovermood :

I hope you find this answer helpful.

Customer:

I took other SSRI for depression and anxiety but the during the last few months had significant sexual side effects which i dont get with Viibryd.

mindovermood :

Yes.Viibryd is different from other SSRIs in two aspects.No weight gain and no sexual side effects

Customer:

ok. Thanks why do i have to be careful about Lithium and Viibryd?

mindovermood :

if you find my answers so far helpful please Accept the answer and leave feedback if possible.Thank you.Goodluck

mindovermood :

Nothing about Lithium and Viibryd

mindovermood :

About Lithium only as it has some interactions with other medication.

mindovermood :

So prior to prescribing any medication the doctors shouls know that you are on Lithium

Customer:

ok

Doctor Rao, Doctor
Experience: MBBS,MD,DPM,MRCPsych