Heidi LPC
Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
65628425

Hallo - I am always restless and try to talk to peoples which makes them feel uncomfortabl

Customer Question

Hallo - I am always restless and try to talk to peoples which makes them feel uncomfortable basically I am torchering them. I am not sure to how to come out from this. I am always restless not even a single minute I am comfotable expect sleeping.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 2 years ago.

Heidi LPC :

Hi there! What can I assist you with today? It sounds like you are feeling somewhat anxious and have some issues with social anxiety, maybe?

Heidi LPC :

What have you already tried in your efforts to resolve the issues? Have you had any counseling or taking any medications?

Customer:

Hi Heidi

Heidi LPC :

Hi there!

Customer:

I have not tried any medications or cosult with any one

Customer:

haven't had any counseling

Customer:

I had one in the past about 2 years back

Heidi LPC :

Also wondering if this is a new issue, or something that you have struggled with for a longer time?

Customer:

long time

Customer:

from my marriage

Customer:

it's been 4 years now

Heidi LPC :

So, you are restless most of the time, and are finding it difficult to develop relationships?

Customer:

Yes, always

Customer:

I talk some thing now and change that next day

Customer:

I know what I am doing is wrong, I am a smoker

Customer:

I thought smoking was the issue and quit that still no improvement

Customer:

it became worst

Customer:

I am not able to relax myself tried meditation and keeps me calm down for a while and start thinking about non sense (negative thinking) very soon

Customer:

I am not sure exactly whats wrong with my brain

Heidi LPC :

Ok... I have a couple of ideas; first off, a physical with your general doctor--- to be sure that you aren't dealing with any medical issues. Second, learning some new ways to connect with your bodies own ability to calm itself. There is something called "progressive muscle relaxation" which you can search online and try. It involves some deep breathing to slow your thinking and physical energy a bit... I will post the link:

Heidi LPC :

The negative self-talk thing is extremely important here; you are in control of changing the way you think, even though it sometimes doesn't feel like it!! It takes effort and energy, but replacing the negativity with something affirming is extremely necessary in getting a hold of your state of both mind and body. So, even when you think it might be tough, you will have to try to tell yourself to relax, stay calm, that you are safe, and that you are ok... just the way you are. Things like that... does that make sense?

Heidi LPC :

I would certainly recommend that if it is possible, that you make an appointment with a therapist, just for a couple of sessions. If this anxiety is a result of something chemically out of balance, it may be very useful to discuss a possible medication to help you.

Customer:

can you explain me more on chemically out of balance ?

Heidi LPC :

And, good for you with the quitting of smoking!!

Heidi LPC :

Well, how old are you, may I ask?

Customer:

29

Heidi LPC :

Ok... well sometimes, you might have a physical condition that leads to anxiety, such as a thyroid issue, hormone issue, even sometimes allergies, etc... which your MD could find. Otherwise, ADD and all types of anxiety disorders or other such issues can be easily diagnosed and remedied by a therapist...

Customer:

Heidi another major problem I have is my brain is not ready to listen to anything even it's for good. my brain is in that state that is the reason I am not able to overcome this. I am feeling like if at all there is an injection available to forgot all the thoughts I will go for it.

Customer:

I know there is nothing

Heidi LPC :

Your first step really seems to be the full physical... and getting to both a doctor and then a therapist. There is a solution to this; this is a very common question, and you CAN help yourself by working on self-help through trying to get control of your physical symptoms through physical relaxation exercises and positive self-talk. Put this all together, and you'll be feeling much better in no time!

Heidi LPC :

Can you agree to making an appointment... to at least prove me wrong??? ;-)

Customer:

Sure,I will make an appoinment and see how it works

Heidi LPC :

The 'injection' you speak of is anti-anxiety medication, which, quite possibly may be something the Dr. recommends.

Customer:

Thanks for your valuable time

Heidi LPC :

They CAN help you---- trust me!!! :-)

Heidi LPC :

You are more than welcome, and I wish you the best! I truly hope you will give it a try!!

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX give it try I never talked this one with any body I feel shy and bad as I am in a good position on the society

Heidi LPC :

Living like this is just silly, when there are so many options to get help... do this for yourself, and improve your quality of life!!

Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience: Licensed Professional Counselor