Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist
46062601

Hello..I have cfs

Customer Question

Hello..I have cfs and sometimes i can't manage to convince my subconscious mind to the truth and reasoning. I occasionally tries to protect me unneccesarry. I am trying to study and it goes well if the truth and sense are followed...but i can't sometimes convince my subconscious mind for it. It heard from the one pearson that the memory of people are getting worse every day...i haven't managed to convince her that that is not true and it sabotages me..somehow. Can you please confirm me that everything is okey and that out memory is getting better everyday. I am very intelligent but have cfs..and sometimes i am helpless. But okey..it doesn't sabotage me..just somehow stops me. please..:)

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for writing in JustAnswer.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
Let me ask you a question first.
What do you mean by cfs?
Please let me know by clicking on “Reply” and I will then craft my response.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Chronic fatigue syndrome..
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your reply.
okay. Chronic fatigue syndrome.
I'll be back with my detailed answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Regardless of cfs...I usually have superb memory...just don't want subconscious to stop me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
actually the question is independent about cfs...cfs is just the reason why i couldn't defened my self from lie..now i just need a confirmation that everything is okey..and that our memory improves..daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for waiting.
It sounds like you have had Chronic fatigue syndrome.
I would advise you to see your primary care doctor for a physical check-up to rule out any medical condition that may be the root cause of your cfs symptoms.
Certainly, CFS may affect your memory at times; but your memory will not deteriorate due to CFS.
You are only 23 year old. If you are physically fine, your memory will be fine.
If you are worried about your memory and experience stress from life bow, you may try stress reduction techniques and Cognitive-behavior therapy for your condition.

I would advise you to see a psychotherapist to express and process your feelings and thoughts and get advice and support WEEKLY. A combination of psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy are considered to be effective to treat Depression and anxiety. Cognitive-behvaior therapy (CBT) will work for depression and anxiety.

You may ask your doctor for a psychologist/psychotherapist that you can work with weekly.

Also, a heart-healthy diet like Omega 3 fatty acid may improve your brain functioning and memory. Focus on fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Choose low-fat protein sources, such as fish, lean meat and skinless poultry. Hydrate yourself during daytime. Get plenty of calcium and vitamin D in food or supplements.

Physical activity increases blood flow to your whole body, including your brain. This may help improve your memory.
In addition, yoga, biofeedback, acupuncture, massage therapy, meditation, and deep breathing exercises may be helpful to improve your brain functioning.

Other recommendations are:
Avoid use of alcohol and drugs.
Sleep in complete darkness and try to be out in bright light during the day.
Spend time in nature weekly
Have pleasurable activities with friends and family.
Choose to listen to sounds that have positive effects on your mood.

Please let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any. Warm regards,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello..thank you...i know all about cfs...just somtimes i can't convince my subconscious for the truth...so ...there is nothing wrong with our memory...generaly meaning to the man kind...it can actually get better every day...right? thanks
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your reply.
I think so.
I believe our memory is improving over time.
Evolutionary theories support the view.
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience: PsyD Psychologist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So..it's all okey...? I don't have the reason to worry?
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your reply.
If you are physically fine, you don't have to worry.
If you think you have depression or other neuropsychiatric condition like ADD/ADHD, you don't have to worry but should get treatment from a psychiatrist and a psychologist.
You may also talk to your doctor about your concern with memory.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK..it's alright..thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cam I just ask one more thing about the topic?