TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Kate" I will need more of your expert book recommendations

'Kate" I will need more of your expert book recommendations under three different categories: "Stress management", "emotional intelligence" and "asserting yourself". May I please have several of your highly reccommended book choices from each of these three categories.
Thank you.

Hi! It's good to hear from you.

Here are some books that I recommend for each category. I also will include any on line resources that I use often, just in case you can use them:

Stress Management:

Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers, Third Edition by Robert M. Sapolsky

Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness by Jon Kabat-Zinn

The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook) by Matthew McKay Ph.D., Elizabeth Robbins Eshelman and XXXXX XXXXX

Emotional Intelligence:

The Emotional Intelligence Quick Book by Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves

The Language of Emotional Intelligence: The Five Essential Tools for Building Powerful and Effective Relationships by Jeanne Segal

Emotional Intelligence: 10th Anniversary Edition; Why It Can Matter More Than IQ by Daniel Goleman

The Power of Positive Confrontation: The Skills You Need to Know to Handle Conflicts at Work, at Home and in Life by Barbara Pachter and Susan Magee

People Skills: How to Assert Yourself, Listen to Others, and Resolve Conflicts by Robert Bolton

Too Nice for Your Own Good : How to Stop Making 9 Self-Sabotaging Mistakes by Duke Robinson

Let me know if you need more,