Heidi LPC
Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

I am really depressed from my friends at school and im so depressed

Customer Question

I am really depressed from my friends at school and im so depressed that I almost killed myself what should i do because i still want to be their friend even thought they used me what should i do???
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, I am hoping to be of some help to you here... sorry you are having such a tough time. I want you to talk to any trusted adult that you can about how you are feeling, and tell them about the thought you had about suicide. This part is very important, as these feelings are serious and need to be addressed. I want you to call someone you love right away and tell them how you feel.

Next, I also want you to know that difficulties with friends are generally fairly common at the stage of life that you are in, and that these situations will only get the power that you give them. You have the power to tell yourself that you are way better than whatever they are saying or doing to make you feel less that valuable. You are worth being treated with respect by people who make you feel good about yourself, and I hope that you never choose to surround yourself with anyone who doesn't treat you with the respect you deserve. This is a choice you have the power to make... and all challenges in life are lessons that make us stronger in the end... remember that.

I am here to chat with you if you have more to say; otherwise please make a call to a trusted adult right now!!

Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience: Licensed Professional Counselor
Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 2 years ago.
And, please... just let me know that you have made the phone call, or please reply here if you need to talk and can't reach anyone to call... I want to know that you are ok!! Thanks!
Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 2 years ago.

I found this link with some advice that may pertain to what you are experiencing; and it has additional links that may give you some direction and support as you work this particular issue out: http://teenadvice.about.com/od/friends/tp/friendship_problems_hub.htm

Again, we are here to help you and I am glad that you reached out for some help! I hope that you have made a phone call!! :-)

Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 2 years ago.

And always remember what Dr. Seuss said: "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

Take back your power, and never give it away to anyone who doesn't deserve it!!

Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 2 years ago.
I have to step away from the computer for a bit; you can type any thoughts or questions you have and when I return, I will check to see if you did. You don't have to press "accept" or pay to write a reply... and I hope that you are finding my replies somewhat helpful to you! Hang in there!! :-)
Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 2 years ago.
Just checking in.... I hope that today is a better day!!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here