Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist

i had last year adepression after my delivery i took a cure

Customer Question

i had last year adepression after my delivery i took a cure for 6 month zoloft from 1month i felt depressesd i went to my doctor hegave me prosac i want to know i need long time to be good thanks
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr-A-Greene replied 4 years ago.

Is there a reason you switched to Prozac instead of the Zoloft? I would recommend staying on the Zoloft if it works for you. Postpartum depression can last anywhere from a few months to years, if untreated.

In general, taking the medication for a period of 6 months or so is common. Then, if you're feeling better you can decrease your dose and discontinue the medication (under your doctor's supervision) to see how you feel. Additionally, after starting an antidepressant it usually takes several weeks for you to begin feeling better.

I hope this helps -

Dr. G.

Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Experience: Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i want to know if i need a long treatment for 1or 2 years if i change for zoloft i need to start from begining i took now every day 1 gellules but during the day ifelt no good i have a noise in my ears its normal and headeache

Expert:  Dr. L replied 4 years ago.

I encourage you to return to your physician to be clear about why he or she changed you to Prozac and to tell him what you are feeling now. The noise in your ears and headache also need to be checked. is unlikely that you will need treatment for 1 or 2 years. do need to be taking the right medication. Your physician can talk to you about how long it will take for the drugs to work as he or she knows your body best and your medical history.