Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist

How long should you take abilify?

How long should you take abilify?

Well, it depends on what the Abilify is prescribed for. Assuming there are minimal side effects, it can be taken indefinitely.

Do you know what it is prescribed to treat? You mentioned some of the patient's difficulties above and from that I would guess that it has to do with mood stabilization, but can't be sure....

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
does not like standing for very long and has trouble wit movement I have read that these are some of the side effects. Says he needs to adjust since he has auditory problems it is hard to tell what is going on.

Well, anti-psychotic medications can have Extrapyrmidal Symptoms (EPS) which consist of something called tardive dyskinesia (td). People with tardive dyskinesia generally develop facial tics like lip smacking or grimacing. However, Abilify doesn't usually have those effects. Agitation or restlessness are more common. Regardless, if he is having trouble with involuntary movements, he needs to see the doctor and talk about a change of medication.

I hope this helps.

Thank you!

Dr. G.