Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  25 years in private practice

I have been taking Zoloft 50mg for 1year and for some reason I have felt nauseous for the

Customer Question

I have been taking Zoloft 50mg for 1year and for some reason I have felt nauseous for the past 2 weeks (like when I first started). Is this normal? I also take Yaz and I am very particular about taking them both at the same time each day.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Kevin replied 4 years ago.

Dr.Kappler :

thank you for choosing just answer. According to a study done by the drug manufacture nausea is considered a side effect about 13% of the patients in the study. The fact that you been taking this devotion for a year have not experienced nausea accept the past two weeks would make me very suspicious of whatever changes have occurred in the last two weeks that could contribute to this. I would make careful note of any additional stresses, change in diet, physical activity and the use of any other over-the-counter medications in the last two weeks but may have possibly contributed to this. There are no drug interactions between your contraceptive and Zoloft according to the following site:( which has reviewed the current literature.there is a warning in the use of Yaz that says to not take it if you're taking an antidepressant.this may be because Yaz use as an alternative to Paxil, Zoloft, and other drugs in treating premenstrual dysphoric disorder is still pending approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. I would strongly recommend you present this information to your physician for review. Other people who have reported difficulty with this combination of medications have switched contraceptives. Asking your pharmacist will give you another second opinion since he is trained in drug interactions.

Dr.Kappler :

I see that you're standing by so I will await your reply

Dr.Kappler :

I see you are currently off-line. I will be available till midnight Pacific standard Time for your reply. If you find my answer sufficient please click the accept button so that I may be paid. You can continue asking questions after that