Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

I suffer from hypochondria. Recently because of some physical

I suffer from hypochondria. Recently because of some physical symptoms, (urination at night and frequent urination) I believe I have something wrong with my kidneys. I had tests on 2 occasions in the past 3 months done, blood and urine, and everything came back normal but I am still afraid. Is there a good way to get over this fear and of hypochondria in general. I believe I suffer from this to also having OCD.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, Hypochondriasis and OCD many times occur together , and this may also be the case with you..

So, the best ploy to manage both of them together is to seek a therapy by the name of CBT , THAT IS cognitive behaviour therapy , from a clinical psychologist in a once a week session spaning over 12 -16 weeks time , this therapy involves some mental strengthening exercises which will prevent you from concentrating too much on things which you generally tend to blow out of proportion and curtail obsessive and hypochondriac thinking to resurface ..

So, kindly seek CBT from a psychologist and this shall help you to alter your thinking so as to avoid wasting time on OCD and hypochondriac thoughts..

I hope this helps...

Wish you all the best..

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.

Regards..