Howard Wise
Howard Wise, Counselor
Experience:  Counseling with a compassionate ear and a loving heart.

i have been seperated for almost 3 1/2 years, married for almost

Customer Question

i have been seperated for almost 3 1/2 years, married for almost 4 years. There has been physical as well as verbal abuse on both sides, custody and child support issues, can there ever be any chance of resolving this or should i cut my losses and move on? Unfortunately I tend to not give up on people even when the writing is on the wall. Counseling, individual and couples has not made it better either.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 4 years ago.
Good morning, this is Howard,

Giving up on someone you care about is very difficult, but there are times when this is absolutely necessary. This sounds like one of those times.

From the limited information you have provided I would recommend that you cut your losses and move on. You have tried your best.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is there any way i can do this amicably? she is very manipulative and turns everything and anything as something against her. her grandmother passed away and had dementia and several other issues. this woman has had relationship, fidelity issues prior to me and her child from another relationship does not see or is not acknowledged by the father, i feel since we have a child that she is taking her pain and hatred out on me? i just want us to be civil and try and be reasonable during this process.
I don't understand what it is that you want to do amicably. It's my understanding that you are not living together. What is it that you want to accomplish?