Howard Wise
Howard Wise, Counselor
Experience:  Counseling with a compassionate ear and a loving heart.

My husband and I divorced last month. He was cheating on my,

My husband and I divorced last month. He was cheating on my, but he wanted the divorce I did not. He now wants me to "wait for him" and says that he is trying to work through some personal things, but he is still seeing his mistress. I have forgiven him for what he did and I do love him but I feel like I am being used. What to do?
Good morning, this is Howard,

I will have advice for you in a moment.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
did not get an answer
Good morning, I am sorry for the delay in my response,

Can you tell me more about feeling used? I need a little more information about that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I feel like he's trying to hang on to me and to his mistress until he decides what he wants. He calls me three times a day and talks like we are going to get back together. He is making plans for our future together, etc. But he is still with this other woman. He did this same thing before the divorce like he's leading me on until he figures himself out.
Thank you for the additional information.

I think you are right, that your husband wants to keep both of you in his life for now. If he is really serious about getting back together with you then he needs to end his relationship with the other woman.

I recommend that you tell him not to call you again until he gets rid of his mistress. He has to make up his mind. This isn't fair to you and you have every right to be upset.