Howard Wise
Howard Wise, Counselor
Experience:  Counseling with a compassionate ear and a loving heart.
66386897

My wife and I are happy in every area of our marriage except

Customer Question

My wife and I are happy in every area of our marriage except for romance. I am the one who never wants to have sex even though I find her attractive. I have had my testosterone tested and it is normal. Any suggestions?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Howard Wise replied 4 years ago.
Good morning,

I am sorry to hear about your problem. Has your lack of desire been a problem all along or is this something new? If so, when did you start noticing this? How long have you and your wife been together? Are there other problems or conflicts in your marriage? Has this been a problem for you before with other women?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The lack of desire has been on going for a couple of years, we have been married for 4 years. We have talks about the lack of sex every few months but recently it seems to surface every few weeks. There are no other problems, we feel like we are both each other's best friends and just wish the romance was back. I have never had this problem in the past with other women, my longest relationship prior to this marriage was 1 year.

I will send my reply in the morning. I hope it's in time. If not, you can re-list your question and another expert will respond.
Good morning,

Inhibited sexual desire, or ISD, is a very common sexual disorder. Communication problems, lack of affection, power struggles and conflicts, and not having enough time alone together are common factors. ISD also can occur in people who've had a very strict upbringing concerning sex, negative attitudes toward sex, or traumatic sexual experiences.

Does any of the above apply to you?

Psychological conditions such as depression and excess stress can dampen sexual interest.

Does the above apply to you?

Are you having any difficulty with your sleep?