Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

Help me make a decision. I have just sent a letter to Dr.

Customer Question

Help me make a decision. I have just sent a letter to Dr. Phil. I think I am about to sink into depression over my situation. The anxieties are overwhelming and I am having a hard time functioning.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 4 years ago.

Rafael Morales Toia :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you.

Rafael Morales Toia :

Could you tell me more of what is causing or fueling this depression and overwhelming anxiety and what is this important decision you to make?

Rafael Morales Toia :

Cannot imagine how tough it is for you to face these painful feelings and situations, but can see you did try therapy before for three months.

Psychotherapy is for most people the best tool to work on better coping with life issues and the feelings they create. But for it to work, sometimes we need to work for longer periods of time until developing enough stability and resilience to keep effectively coping.

When stressors are chronic and there are thing out of our control, then it is even more necessary to keep regular professional support. Besides of therapy and for it to truly work, your “support system”, needs to be a healthy and caring one otherwise depression, anxiety or any other overwhelming disorder would remain and tend to get worse. Therapy is a tool to better take care of ourselves, but it is daily life what actually created, keeps or changes our reality, thus without a good support system, even therapy could become weakened in its impact.

Please clarify what decision you need to make for adequate coherent response to be provided.

Thank you.

Rafael Morales Toia :

Please feel free to get back with clarification about the support you need since I am here willing to support you. Thanks.