TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

Im going through a divorce and some financial challenges.

Customer Question

I'm going through a divorce and some financial challenges. I have nothing to complain about really. This year I've had a skiing holiday and am now on a sailing yacht in Spain. My head is, however, in and out of what I can only descibe as minor depressions like a yo-yo. I feel constantly tierd, go to sleep but wake up early, want to sleep during the day, feel lethargic, don't want to do anything, can't think things through, avoid communication if possible, struggle with paperwork, generally disinterested an can't be bothered.
However hard I try to tell myself how fortunate I am, my head seems to be telling me something different. Once I get involved with something then I'm usually OK, but getting involved is becoming more and more of a struggle. I feel useless. How can I get out of this state. I need to feel positiv, lively and be active.
I think my general health is OK, but I have had a lingering chest infection(irritating cough) since Xmas.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistJen replied 4 years ago.

CoachJenK :

hi welcome

CoachJenK :

Going through a divorce can be very hard and it brings up a lot of emotions and it sounds like that is what is going on for you. Any ending can be tough even if it is one we advocated for or even more difficult if we weren't the one who wanted it. I believe it is important that you allow yourself to feel what you feel and acknowledge whatever those feelings are. It also sounds like you would benefit from speaking with someone face to face to get through these rough moments. The extra support can go a long way. if the therapist feels that your depression could be helped by medication they might suggest and evaluation with a Psychiatrist.

CoachJenK :

I am here to listen when you are back online, but in the meantime just know that your feelings are normal and getting some extra support can be helpful.

CoachJenK :

I am glad you began by reaching out to me here.