MARoss-LCSW
MARoss-LCSW, Therapist
Experience:  18 years experience as a therapist/counselor.
63071365

I need a life coach for my Grandson...he lives in Temecula,Ca. he is 19..please help

I need a life coach for my Grandson...he lives in Temecula,Ca.
he is 19..please help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MARoss-LCSW replied 5 years ago.

MARoss-LCSW :

Hi, I'm happy to try to help you. Can you tell me what kind of problems he's having? Since he is 19, a legal adult, does he want help?

Customer:

kind of

MARoss-LCSW :

It can be difficult if he is a legal adult and doesn't really want help.

Customer:

he has talked about going into the reserves,,,,and the always changes his mind....do you know of a life coach in the Temecula Ca. area?

MARoss-LCSW :

Changes his mind about not going at all or doing something else?

Customer:

yeah,,not going at all....he never fallows through ,,,,DO YOU KNOW OF A LIFE COACH IN THE TEMECULA AREA OF ca.

MARoss-LCSW :

I don't know of a particular one but you can check this site: www.ipeccoaches.com to do a search.

MARoss-LCSW :

They have all different types of coaches. You put in your state and what type of coach you're looking for.

Customer:

do you know what kind of tests he might need to take to see what might be the problem?

MARoss-LCSW :

Well, if he sees a career coach they might use some tests like the Meyers Brigg to see his personality type, what kind of areas of work he might be good in.

Customer:

what other kind of basic tests are out there?

MARoss-LCSW :

If you do a search on the internet for career testing, you'll see he can do some online.

MARoss-LCSW :

Maybe he changes his mind because his heart might not be in going to the reserves. maybe he's wondering about other careers.

Customer:

Thank you,,,,,do you have anything elce to add.

MARoss-LCSW :

If you think he might be depressed or anxious you can also do tests online for that, like the Beck Depression inventory.

Hi

Just checking in on how your grand son is doing, and you since we chatted about his situation.

Were you able to find a coach? If you have other questions, feel free to ask!

Melanie Ross LCSW