Dr-A-Greene
Dr-A-Greene, Doctor
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
60381331

Im having SAD day. Dr. A-Greene usually helps me but not

I'm having SAD day. Dr. A-Greene usually helps me but not online. Can someone (female) help me for now? I'm so stressed out that it's making me very fearful. I'm having illusions or hallucinations of mice droppings etc.

I'm going through getting off Seroquel. I'm on Latuda 40 mg now. Dr. said to increase to 80 mg if hallucinations return.

i went off daily estrogen my own. Only been off 2 days. Could that be contributing?

Sara
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr-A-Greene replied 2 years ago.

Hi Sara - I'm sorry I wasn't available earlier. I'm also sorry to hear that you are having a sad day. :(

Are you tapering off the estrogen? Depending on how much you took and how many symptoms you may have had prior to taking it, there is a "rebound effect" when women stop cold turkey (at times including headaches, anxiety, night sweats, etc). Have you thought about using it every other day and then after a while using it one day on and two days off? It might help.

Let me know how you're doing - try not to change too much too quickly. Your body needs to catch up to your motivation!

Hang in there,

Dr. G.

Dr-A-Greene, Doctor
Experience: Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Dr. A-Greene,

Today is a better day. It is just starting for me but i awoke feeling optimistic and emotionally sound.

Seriously, praise God that the exterminator is coming at 8 a.m. I have some sort of legitimate mild rodent problem. My cat almost caught it but he couldn't hold it because he is declawed in front :-C .

My dad talked to my psychologist yesterday morning. He said that he was very impressed with her and that I had selected 'a good one'. He isn't easily impressed with people in mental health - esp. after I sexually and otherwise exploited by one. He is a 'hot shot' plaintiff's litigator so that also makes him a tough judge of other professionals. No definite answer, but he is calling Meninger Clinic back - I think to work out $$ deal because we would be cash pay. My insurance won't pay for it. At this point I'm hoping to go because I feel like I really need it. As I said before, I am putting this result in God'a hands.

I hope you're around today. Sara

Optional Information:
Person's Gender: Female
Person's Age: 47

Sara!

I'm glad to hear from you! I was wondering how you were doing! Thank goodness for exterminators indeed. Your poor cat will go bonkers if he has to keep trying and missing! ;)

Also, how wonderful that your dad likes your psychologist. That's a blessing and it sounds like you've selected someone you can genuinely trust. Lawyers (in my experience) can be a harsh judge of character - but they're often right. Besides, he's just trying to look out for his daughter, which is likely to make him even tougher. I admire your psychologist for chatting with him! I've been on the stand several times for various cases and there was a prosecutor once who almost made me cry - - - and I'm a pretty tough cookie! I have to say that even so, I respected him very much. He knew what he was going for and wasn't going to take no for an answer!

As for the Meninger clinic, when do you think you'll know? Will they be willing to talk to your current psychologist? Gosh, I hope that it all works out - although I have faith that everything usually works out the way its supposed to... Regardless, I still have my fingers crossed for you. I think it would be a good thing.

I'm truly happy to hear back and so glad that you're doing alright. Please keep me posted in the future.

Best wishes and may the exterminator have luck with the wily mouse!

Take good care,

Dr. G.

Dr-A-Greene, Doctor
Hi Sara -
I'm just checking in to see how you're doing. Did you hear anything more from the Meninger Clinic?
Take care,
Dr. G.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

To Dr. G . . .

Thanks for checking on me . . . very kind.

I took Meninger's off the table for now because I'm gradually improving. Connection with the clinic made so would be easier to get ball rolling for admission if I take a serious or persistent change for the worse.

Completed psych testing this week. Very interesting. My feedback appt will be 4/17 and my therapist will be there too. What I already learned from testing is how depressed I really am. That was evident from the paper and pencil tests. At end of test I felt completely exhausted - majorly wiped out. I cried during testing but just kept going.

I see new psychiatrist whom my psychologist works with in psych clinic frequently. This should dramatically improve continuity of care.

I'm really tired. That is why I haven't written lately - because I feel so deeply exhausted. I think it is the depression. My psychologist says that I'm having a trauma response to the hallucinations and delusions. I'm not having hallucinations anymore but I realized in therapy session today that I'm struggling with delusions. Wonderful. Anyway my psychologist said that we have to find ways to manage triggers etc. to interrupt trauma response. She doesn't want this to become permanent part of my PTSD - me either of course.

No question today, just checking in and wanting to maintain connection with you.

Sara

Optional Information:
Person's Gender: Female
Person's Age: 47

Hi Sara -

I'm glad to hear back from you. I've been wondering how you've been doing. It sounds like the testing was a good thing and has already provided you with some valuable feeback. Additionally, working with a new psychiatrist sounds like it will be beneficial too. When possible it's always nice to have clinicians that are connected to each other so that the continuity of care is increased.

Overall it sounds like you are doing really well with all the information that you've had to process and deal with. You are definitely a trooper and I have no doubt that you will come out better in the end with all the work you're putting in now. I also realize how absolutely exhausting it must be and I hope you are able to rest and just allow yourself to recover. Depression can be so draining. Just remember not to get overwhelmed with the small stuff. The regular tasks of everyday life can wait.

Anyhow, I will keep my fingers crossed for the 17th.

Take good care - you're in my thoughts,

Dr. G.

Dr-A-Greene, Doctor