Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist

Is safa take 1 mg xanax xr plus 75 veblafaxine in te mornig

Is safa take 1 mg xanax xr plus 75 veblafaxine in te mornig and 0.5 xanax xr dinner and 0.5 normal xanax plus trazodone 50 at night for anxiety disorder - 53 year old female perimenopause with choletserol
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr-A-Greene replied 4 years ago.

There is a moderate drug interaction between xanax and trazodone. They are both Central Nervous System/Respiratory depressants and taking them together could have a synergistic effect. Therefore, taking the Xanax and Trazodone together in the evening is not recommended unless you have been given clearance by your prescribing physician to do so.

The rest of the medication regimen sounds fine.

If you continue to have difficulty sleeping, you might want to ask for a different medication like Ambien or Seroquel (again, no mixing with the xanax). They can be more effective for sleep if the Trazodone isn't working well enough for you.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have more questions.

Dr. G.