MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.

do u pestcrave MAOIs?

do u pestcrave MAOI's?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.
Are you asking if I (or other psychiatrists) prescribe MAOIs?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
To answer your question, at times certain psychiatrists will prescribe MAOIs. Many do not, though, due to potential safety issues with MAOIs. I rarely prescribe them.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can u prescribe it for me because i already try all the antideppresant and none of them has worked, so MAOI's are my only hope
I cannot do this for two reasons. One is that by the rules of JustAnswer, neither I nor any other expert may communicate with JustAnswer customers outside of the JustAnswer website. The second reason is that it would medical malpractice for me to prescribe a potentially lethal medication such as an MAOI to someone I'd never assessed face-to-face. As such, I cannot recommend that you try to find someone who would prescribe an MAOI to you over the Internet without having assessed you. If you find such a person, it is a safe bet that he/she is more interested in your money than in your safety and wellbeing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do u know who should I see to get that kind of meds in wichita?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Another qustion: dose Wellbutrin increase dopamine receptor D2 in the brain or not? If not, what increases dopamine receptor D2?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are u ganna answer my question?