Dr-A-Greene
Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
60381331

I have taken different drugs for yrs and none of the are working

I have taken different drugs for yrs and none of the are working like I would be. lithium any good
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr-A-Greene replied 4 years ago.

Dr-A-Greene : Thanks!
Dr-A-Greene : It depends - what are your symptoms? You mentioned that you have taken a few SSRIs (Prozac, Lexapro, and Celexa) and one SNRI (Effexor). If you give me a better idea of what your symptoms are and what you want from a medication, I may be able to help.
Customer:

i HAVE BEEN TOLD I'M MANIAC DEPRESSIVE LIKE BIPOLAR VERY BAD HIGHS THEN THE LOWS WHERE I CAN'T EVEN GO OUTSIDE

Customer:

i JUST WANT TO BE HAPPY AGAIN

Dr-A-Greene : Yes, if you have Bipolar Disorder, then a mood stabilizer such as Lithium would be a good choice for you. However,this must be monitored closely by your doctor for the levels in your blood. Depakote is a newer mood stabilizer used for Bipolar that might have less doctor's visits associated with it. Either way, it's worth a shot if this is what's going on with you.
Customer:

can my reg dr. perscribe this

Customer:

can my regular medical dr.perscribe this

I'm guessing you could. They can prescribe psych meds. Although I think it might benefit you to talk to a psychiatrist if you haven't already. Either way, they should be able to
Did you get my prior response?