Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry

Is Viibryd known to cause hyperacusis/tinnitus? This condition

Customer Question

Is Viibryd known to cause hyperacusis/tinnitus? This condition is really causing me to have lifestyle changes. I am also taking Lamictal and Xanax. Thank you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, no viibryd is not known to cause tinnitus or hyperacusis , but yes both lamictal and xanax are known to cause tinnitus as side effects , so perhaps you are blaming the wrong drug for your tinnitus here ..

Kindly discuss this with your doctor and work up a plan to either reduce the doses of these two drugs or replace them with another drugs of the same genre so as to bring you the much needed relief from this side effect, while you continue on viibryd , as it is not the culprit here ..

I think the reduction of the doses of these drugs would be a better option than replacing them with other drugs , also because almost all the other drugs of the genre / class of these two drugs are also known to cause this tinnitus as a side effect..

I hope this helps..

Wish you all the best..

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.

Warm regards..