Dr-A-Greene
Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
60381331

I often get mad at simple things i get impatient an annoyed

I often get mad at simple things i get impatient an annoyed very fast and when scream at or when im not gettin the attention i want frm my partner i break down in tears why is that
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr-A-Greene replied 4 years ago.
Have you ever been evaluated for clinical depression? The symptoms you are describing certainly sound consistent with depression. Occasionally depression doesn't present with what people usually think of (low mood, suiciality), but with irritability, anger, and mood swings. Does this sound like it may be possible?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no i have never been evaluated for clinical depression.... Maybe
Do you have any other symptoms other than the irritability and annoyance that you were mentioning? I didn't have a lot to go on, so I want to make sure we're going in the right direction.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i forget easily at the end of evrything i cnt remeber what i was crying for or even what i said during that moment

Okay, well that sounds a little different. Do you fly off the handle a bit? Would you consider these events "rages"?

Also, how long has this been going on?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
kinda an with the crying it like heavy breathin (like i for got how to breathe ) about 2-3 yrs now

One more question - do you experience this more or less around the time of your monthly cycle or does it seem disconnected from it completely?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
disconnected from it completely

Alright, so it isn't simply a hormonal issue then. My guess is that you might be having a bit of an impulse-control issue. Impulse control disorders can manifest for a variety of reasons and usually have the symptoms of irritability, annoyance, and reactions that don't match the severity of the event in question (e.g. going off on someone even though their behavior doesn't warrant it). Impulse control disorders often begin in puberty and can be treated with anti-depressants or therapy. My guess is that a low-level dose of something like Paxil might help a lot.

Your thoughts?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Satisfied thanks alot