Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
50717502

we are not married or living together How to handle getting back together after a break

Customer Question

we are not married or living together

How to handle getting back together after a breakup
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Brad The Therapist replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I apologize for the technical difficulties I am having Before providing an answer to your question, I have a few questions for you. What is stopping you from pursing this relationship? What is your biggest fear? What would you ideally want from this relationship? After your response, I may have some suggestions for you. I will be on line for a few hours.
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience: 10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
disays he might seeher once in awhile,My fear is he will jump into her bedwhichh I told him just don't tell me if you do.I feel at this age and stage of the game so what. I do not want to get married or live with him ,I guess the only thing is to have someone to go out to dinner or whatever. Companship and affection.If I was younger that would be a different story. Life is to short
Thank you for your response. Have you shared these thoughts and feelings to him? What does he want from you at this point?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.
Anything someone says I am not going to see the other woman and he has seen her recently you take the chance. You have to decide what the boundaries of this relationship are. You are saying I don't want to be in a committed relationship but I don't want him to sleep with anyone else. If you don't want to be married or live together what kind of relationship are you looking for. In the end you are taking a chance if he moves so quickly from her to you. I think it is not advisable to come from a break and ask him to be exclusive. Whatever he sees in their relationship is likely to interfere with the relationship with you. If you can come to terms together then you at least have an agreement on what is expected. Try to have this conversation and then make your decision. Let your intuition guide your decision in this case.