Dr-A-Greene
Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
60381331

I have a grandson that see words all together with our any

I have a grandson that see words all together with our any space like "thebigdoglikestobark." what does this mean?

Dr-A-Greene :

How old is your grandson?

Dr-A-Greene :

It would help me to know his age, but in general, it sounds like a problem with sequencing (a visual and perceptual difficulty). Students with dyslexia reverse the sequencing of letters or the letters are reversed. Students with dysgraphia have difficulty inserting the spaces between words as they are written or read. Students with ADHD sometimes have difficulties with both. In general, your grandson would need to undergo some testing with a psychologist to assess any specific learning disabilities. If it's something like dysgraphia, they can work with him on how to sequence and separate the words properly.

Dr-A-Greene :

I hope this helps - please let me know if you have any more questions!

Customer:

Thank you. My grandson is eight years old and was told by a Dr. that he has ADHD. I have been with this child three years ago an all day event just him and I. I never saw ADHD in him. There were times he did not listen and had to be disaplain. I have a step child that did have ADHD, so I kind of know what to look for.

Customer:

Thank you I will let my daughter in law know.