Dr-A-Greene
Dr-A-Greene, Doctor
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist

yes this is a question I have a 44 year old son that is close

yes this is a question I have a 44 year old son that is close to completing suisude attemps. 3 attemps
He is so sure his wife is running around on him. In past years she did and sure the child she had is not his. She has men phone No. she text all the time, she talks to them on face book. She puts all her personal information on facebook. He has put tape recorders in famly car, in their bathroom, under thebed, in a light and recorded voices and sounds ??? She put a pic on facebook of herself and an old boyfriend with his arms on her shoulders so my son can see it. then when he questions her about anything then she will get charges on him and a protective order on him. then he goes out and using that bathsalts (shooting up) then before the orders are up she has in past gets judge to drop protected order. She has messed his mind up so much that he doesnt want to live without her I just got him out of jail 10AM 3/1/12. Car hit him flipped him up over car he went to hospial 11PM 3/1/12 HE then he wrecked his truck watching her 4Am 3/3/12. I went and picked him up and brought him to my house. After his protection order was up 3/6/12 she came and got him. The family is at our ropes end don't know how to help him
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr-A-Greene replied 2 years ago.

Wow - "bathsalts" are tricky because they can be purchased legally most of the time, but can be made up of many different chemicals that have different effects on the body. I'm sorry to hear that your son is hooked on these and I wish they were regulated somehow...that said, it sounds like there are a number of things going on here. First off, it sounds like he is self-medicating his ADHD and Bipolar Disorder (also called Manic Depression). Without proper medication, Bipolar Disorder can escalate into psychotic symptoms including paranoia and violence. Second, it sound like he is involved in a very contentious relationship that is triggering some of his symptoms. This is causing him to become more self-destructive and hopeless.

What it sounds like he needs right now is some external structure before he hurts himself or someone else. Is there a hospital or detox center that you can check him into nearby?

Dr-A-Greene, Doctor
Experience: Clinical and Forensic Psychologist