Dr-A-Greene
Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
60381331

Dear Dr. Greene, I made an appt with my internest today to

Customer Question

Dear Dr. Greene, I made an appt with my internest today to see what, if any, feedback she has regarding my entire med profile.

I also got lots done on cleaning my previously horrible house. But for my blessed friend's help, I would have never made it SO far! I think that I may take some photos to my psychologist at Fri. appt. I have not cleaned my bedroom and I think I may take one of it too. . . feeling brave :)

I'm just checking in . . .
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I am a Moderator with Just Answer, I have Emailed your Expert so that when she comes back on line she will see your response and will return to assist you. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience:-)

Expert:  Dr-A-Greene replied 5 years ago.

Oh, I'm so glad! It must feel so nice to get some of your space clean - that always helps for some reason. Also, I bet your psychologist would love to see some pictures! I always like when I can visualize what's going on (not to mention you should be proud!). Also, I hope that the appointment with the internist helps.

I have to say, you sound very brave - and motivated! Good luck and stay positive! :)

Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Experience: Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear Dr. Greene,

I'm at psychiatry office now. Doc told me that she would be doing an hour assessment today. They made quite a few changes to my meds in hospital. Great news is that they d/c'd lithium-hooray! It caused me so many side-effects that I was having to see other docs to manage them!

My Ph.D psychologist, Janet, feels like I've been steeply declining in my mental health for about last 2 years - yikes :-C Neither of us has an explanation.

Anyway, my Dad is looking into a 3 week assessment unit/program at Menninger Clinic in Houston for me. I already did the initial assessment with them over the phone. I hate the idea of going, but it could be a tremendous blessing.

Do you know of other U.S. psych assessment programs that are exceptional?

I've been maintaining improvements to clean house, but haven't made it to my bedroom and bath. I'm proud for maintaining it.

Any thoughts?

(I know that you might not be online for a while.) Sara

Wow - the Menninger Clinic is fabulous from what I know about it. They are a top notch program and I honestly don't know of any others that would be better. That's great news! I actually worked in Texas for a few years and I was surprised at the amount of really amazing doctors that live and work there. Everyone in the states thinks that all the talent is on either coast (New York or California), but Texas is cutting edge when it comes to psych treatment and innovations, I've found. Houston is a beautiful city too (but super hot in the summer!). I know you don't really relish the idea of going, but it could be a wonderful thing.

Also, I'm glad they're switching up your medication. It sounded like it was time for it - I know that Lithium can be so difficult.

Finally, congrats on maintaining some of the gains you've made at home (one step at a time - the other rooms can wait!). I am so happy and proud that you are so motivated to make a change. You're doing great! Please let me know what you decide on psych programs/treatment - I'd love to hear how you progress.

Take care, Sara -

Best wishes,

Dr. G.

Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dear Dr. Greene,

I appreciate your support and feedback. I hope all is well with you.

I met with my interest today. She checked my vitamin levels and thyroid last month. She found my Vita D to be low and my thyroid levels to be high. She made appropriate changes.

She was very happy to see me not being "flat" today! Wasn't that nice for her to share with me? She is only in her first year out of residency so she is young, vibrant and full of cutting-edge info. She said that there really wasn't anything else for her to check medically that could explain psychosis/hallucinations. I told her that I just wanted to be sure.
She was thrilled that I was off Lithium and titrating off Seroquel. Sunday will be my last dose of Seroquel. I also elected to get off the "all estrogen" birth control pills, as well as the progesterone creme.

I am SO happy to be coming off so many drugs!

I have an appt with psych resident next Friday. I am going to ask if Klonopin and propranolol can be pin. Sometimes I feel too sedated. Currently, I take them on the same tid schedule, plus 1 mg Klonopin at bedtime. ( The daytime Klonopin doses are 0.5 mg and then 20 mg propranolol.)

The hospital did add Latuda 40 mg so I am taking that. Resident told me to raise Latuda dose to 80 mg if hallucinations come back before next appt. So far, I have not noticed any appreciable side-effects from Latuda 40mg. I be thrilled if I don't need to raise the dose: :-D

My dad will call me later today once he talks to Meninger Clinic in Houston. I look forward to whatever he shares. I'm putting it in God's hands as far as ultimate outcome. I'll use discernment, follow-through etc. but will thereafter trust in God's will and provisions for me.

Any thoughts about anything? Sara

Optional Information:
Person's Gender: Female
Person's Age: 47