Dr-A-Greene
Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
60381331

Dear Dr. G., Its previously psychotic Sara :) I noticed that

Dear Dr. G., It's previously psychotic Sara :) I noticed that you had some interest in DID. My psychologist, Janet, knows that about 15 years ago that I was integrated during treatment from the widely published Colin A. Ross, M.D. Some physical abuse, but but by far extreme emotional abuse. My PTSD is mostly related to sexual exploitation/abuse by my psychologist/abuse. If you'll block the answer,I'd love to tell you and you can verify it through the Texas Board of Examiners of Psychologis
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr-A-Greene replied 4 years ago.

Hmmmm - if you feel sure that you haven't had a relapse, then you're probably right! It manifests differently and isn't really the same process (as you know) Alters are generally organized and bright (not unlike you!) - I've never heard of DID presenting itself in a way that is consistent with psychosis, so I believe you're in the clear. There's no need to tell your current psychiatrist if you don't want to. The only thing I would keep in mind is that drugs that enhance a dissociative effect are generally not good for people with active DID (klonopin, xanax, etc).

I have to say that I am very sorry to hear that you suffered abuse at the hands of anyone in my profession. What a terrible tragedy. I feel for you and for the countless others this person likely affected. You are quite the survivor and I'm so happy that you were able to move forward and onward. You've obviously taken a proactive stance in healing yourself and that is inspirational. I hope you're proud of what you've accomplished thus far and don't let a setback get you down! :)

PS- I'm not sure how to block an answer, or even if I can...?