Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist

We have a 12 year old son who is displaying severe behavioural

We have a 12 year old son who is displaying severe behavioural disorder.

He does not listen to any instructions given by his parents and is violent towards
his mother and ten minutes later is looking for affection from his mother. He becomes very angry and believes everyone is against him.

He performs very well at school but does not want to do homework at home. He constantly comments to his mother " I will make you crazy"

Is this behaviour that requires assessment from a specialist? Your comments will be appreciated.
In my opinion, yes - it would be beneficial to take him to a child psychologist. His behavior doesn't sound like its responding to the usual behavioral interventions. Also, given that these issues are not displayed at school, there may be something more complex going on.

Good luck to you - if you end up seeing a psychologist, if you could bring a list of symptoms or recorded behaviors with you, it might help. Thanks and best wishes!