Dr. Michael
Dr. Michael, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Ph.D. Clinical Health Psychology with 30 years of experience in private practive and as a clinical psychology university professor.

Does your system become immune to Lovan over a period of many

Does your system become immune to Lovan over a period of many years?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Michael replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I believe I can be of help to you with this issue. I'm assuming that when you say that your 'system becomes immune' you are actually saying the medication has stopped working (?). If so:

Yes, it is very, very common for SSRI antidepressants such as Lovan to gradually stop working. Patients typically work with their physician to adjust the dose upward, or typically, they have to find another drug in the same 'family' that works. This of course, is pretty much a random 'experiment' because there is no way of predicting beforehand what will work and what will not.

Let me know if I can be of further help and be sure to tell me if I have overlooked your intended question. Please click on the green Accept button at the bottom of the screen. Thanks.