Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics

I have hocd but sometimes say things verbally to myself that

I have hocd but sometimes say things verbally to myself that fall in the gay category but i dont like that also part of the ocd or something else?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.

Is it possible for you to explain your question in a little bit more detail?

Kindly also mention the medicines along with the dose you have already tried?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Im taking prozac 10mg and i could be arguing with the thoughts that i AM straight and its as if my brain or something would change what i said aloud to myself. Example: THOUGHT: your gay. ME: (out loud to myself) im gay...i mean STRAIGHT. what i meant to say was straight not gay but its as if my brain switches what i meant to say or something.
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.

In my view, this symptom is also a part of OCD and can considered to be an obsessive rumination.

You are currently on a very low dose of Prozac as the usual doses for OCD are from 20 to 60 mg per day. Just ask your doctor to increase the dose and you will notice much improvement very shortly.

Best wishes,

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated