MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.
45841547

I have been diagnosised with bipolar and panic disorder. There

I have been diagnosised with bipolar and panic disorder. There are no psychiatrist around my area. I am receiving disability for my conditions, but i cannot get any meds. I am now starting to cycle thru in my bipolar and am desperate for help. What can I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.
I'm sorry that you are going through this. If you have been stable on a particular medication regimen in the past, it is possible that another primary care doctor would be comfortable prescribing it for you again. Many of them do. However, not all primary care doctors are comfortable with prescribing/managing psychiatric mediations , as you've seen with yours - or only certain once, but it is worth checking into. Short of being able to see a psychiatrist, I cannot imagine that there is any other option.
Does this make sense?