Steven Olsen
Steven Olsen, Therapist
Experience:  More than twenty years of expertise in counseling, psychological diagnosis and education

steven olsen please tmm 1 im d me a whole bunch of smily faces

Customer Question

steven olsen please tmm 1 im d me a whole bunch of smily faces yesterday. cuz thatll fix whats broken here. im so glad people under estimate my intelligence and think they can distract me with smiley faces and candy... maybe even shiny objects may work...

the lawyer said she was going to ask the investigator off the record if it wasnt too serious then wed come in. if he said it was, then shed ask to delay to do more investigating. i know she found out he had the tapes. so she wants the tapes. but she never told me and i dont really know if she ever did ask. i just put a call out for her. i got the paralegal who said theyd call back in 5 min. im twittling my thumbs.
of course my concernb is the date got delayed b/c he told her off the record. f**k you better investigate more.
i wish she would call. im going to finish this post and then get a pedicure cuz i really need it and im not sitting here all day to wait for her. i had a slower night last night and ive been more quiet the last 2 weeks. to the point i had people ask me im ok. (why? they dont give a f**k..) anyway with my quietness and no friends to talk to - ive had time to think. not good for me. i first wrote list after list of shopping, packing for the trip, things to buy when we get there plus things to buy before, plus list of stuff to order, book, buy before kates birthday. yeah. so when i ran out of that in an hour, it was all f**k up my mind time. good job i did too.

well the paralegal called back and she said the lawyers in court. we couldnt get a judge to sign the subpoena so the date to get the tapes had to be pushed back. we had 2 different people go at 2 different times to get a judge to sign it and they said its not under their jurisdiction. and not a supreme court case. yeah i dont know either, so she sent the subpoena without the judge on it b/c she can but its more enforceable with a judge. sigh. the paralegal also said that my investigator is very nice, theyre working on another girls case but she waited and dealt with the discipline office herself and now threres a prosecutor and shes a bitch to deal with according to the paralegal. so its good that my investigator is nice..
i guess. supposedly the lawyer will call me later today

i had a pt who had vision loss and he stated it was like a curtain came down over my eye. this is a classic spontaneous retina detachment statement a pt will make. so i walk right over to dr b an tell him this guy has a detached retina. so he says ok, im busy with this me or dr a will come. ok. so dr a comes and hes like i think he has a detached retina. so i said yeah, thats what i said. so he says well thats an advanced differentiating diagnosis. i said yeah and? so he says well its good that you can do that. so i said yeah i didnt just fall off the turnip truck.
so dr a tells me oh its no big deal... (i was taught this is a medical emergency...) and hell be d/cd to home with f/u with opthamology. im like ok, he doesnt need a ct scan..? so he says no. im like o. so i think i better look this up. so i am and new orders pop up and it says ct scan and sonogram etc. well i didnt ask dr a anything so i didnt look like im rubbing it in his face...and the pt ended up being admitted. later that night he said when i asked whos admitting the pt, he said well im waiting for call backs, i said oh ok, you mean they werent waiting for your call at 3am? and i laughed. he said that comment was totally uncalled for. i just shrugged my shoulders and walked away b/c frankly how come its ok for him to be sarcastic? but i cant? and it wasnt even that big of a deal of a comment. i mean really. i didnt talk to him for the rest of the night. im so tired of him. he also complained that i wrote that i spoke with dr b about the pt in the 1st note. he wanted me to take it out. i told him i wouldnt b/c i notified an attending dr. of this pts condition. so he says that this is the 2nd pt i picked up that has dr bs name in it. it looks bad for dr b. he never came and saw the pt. so i said well it looks bad for me that i didnt notify a dr when i feel this pt needs to be seen. i didnt change it but dr a commented he wouldnt like his name in a chart that says that,. well i felt like saying you know i dont really care what you like.

dr b didnt say anything to me about the notes. dr b and i talked, he told me how he spent the nite at his girlfriends house - just as friends - i told him youre crazy. youre giving her hope. he said no i told her no. i said well shes thinking ok hes in my house and hes asleep and undressed. i told him i wasnt judging but to be aware. he said yeah i guess i see what you mean. but she said she wants to be friends. i said yeah, did you ever hear how men and women cant be friends? i mean are you that naieve? so he said ok im not going there again. i said well thats your choice, im just telling you heads up.
he also told me he hasnt been with alot of women considering hes 39...i said yeah right.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Steven Olsen replied 2 years ago.

Saw this on the cue...We should be good. I have a couple of meetings and then I will get right on this. Steven

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
here is the end of the post that got cut off
btw just found out the union nurse was telling the truth another nurse resigned - for a pts death, a few others disciplined and the one im telling you about has to move to days. you know why theyre putting her on days? to watch her. and to set her up for the kill. and theyll get her. she should just resign before they do anything to her but i know she thinks shell fight and outsmart them. i dont think she will - i think they will get her - , but well what can you do?

Don't you just love it when you feel that what you need is anything but what you get? TMM 1 is like that. He seems to give you exactly what you don't need, and exactly at the wrong time. I know you may have had feelings for him, but wow...what a man, and not said in a good way.

Your case is so complex it seems! This in-an-out-of legal stuff must make your head actually spin. You have got to be exhausted and emotionally spent with all of this. Really...you would think this was a high profile murder case the way that this has dragged on. I hear you. This has got to stop and you need to know what the heck is going on. Anything less is just frustrating and unhealthy. I hope you hear soon some solid information.

I like the call you gave on the retinal detachment case. I know this is ridiculously serious as a dx, and I am impressed that you stood your ground with crazy dr a. Way to go. He can be such a...I am not sure what the exact word is...He is really mean. That is one of the words.

Dr b and his girlfriend. I am telling you, you missed your calling. This is exactly what is happening. Dr b is giving the wrong message to (whatever the title) his girlfriend. He could really hurt her, or at the least, grossly lead her on. What on earth is he thinking? I thought doctors where smart. But as it is said, IQ tests cannot measure common sense.

Do I think he is a pig? No not really; I get the feeling he is rather monogamous, but he is a opportunist who would not turn down an offer if he thought it could get him somewhere. But I think he is probably a lot more stable than some. A 300 pound chick? Am I missing how this played into the conversation? Why tell you this?

The union nurse story: I think that you are right, that she is deceiving herself if she thinks she can outsmart everyone. This move sounds like a well thought out plan by admin to can her.

But I also get concerned that everyone seems to tell you all these "storys" about people and their work tragedy. I so want people to give you uplifting news and this work place is like a lead weight around your neck. You sure you don't want to go into psych? lol You would be so good at it. Look at all the practice you have had at work with your coworkers. Steven

Steven Olsen, Therapist
Experience: More than twenty years of expertise in counseling, psychological diagnosis and education
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the lawyer called, told me not to worry the investigator didnt see the tapes yet at the time she spoke to him. so its not like hew said were throwing the book at her and thats why this being dragged out. doreen the lawyer said shes not going into any meeting here theres tapes and we didnt see them. our other problem is that we tried to get 2 diff judges to sign the subpoena for the hosp to release them, but they both refused. so she sent the subpoena, but it only with her signature so the deadline is for today but so far they havent produced them. so next it will be we can go to a judge and say we tried without you, but we need a signature.

i was thinking of the tapes, what are they going to show? me making a check mark? no, they arent in the room. and isnt still the managers word against mine that there was a checkmark on the sheet at that time? just b/c she went to the bedside doesnt mean there was one. she could say there was and i worked til 6pm. and then i checked it off.

plus, if the hosp doesnt produce the tap[es it just proving how much theyre trying to get me really. i asked if we could ask the investigator for them, but he doesnt have to give them over. or any of the evidence he has.

tmm. he doesnt know i even left my last job, or why. so how could he intuit what i need? my husbands here every day and he cant, so how could i expect it of him?

dr a. a stands for asshole at this point. he actually looked like he could be the head of the dept soon and had alot of promise. now i dont see it. im kind of surprised and disapointed. i think the that comment wasnt necessary was him lashing out that i was right that the guy had a detachment and had needed a ct. whatever.

dr b. hes just another man running around not thinking with complex thought. im not saying all men, but frankly women know if you spend the night with a man. at your house, his house, in a tent, a car or anywhere there is a serious chance youre going to have sex. theres two exceptions to this rule - 1 youre married to him, or 2 youre not married and you didnt shave your legs. its right up there with a 99 percent effectiveness in birth control.

he threw trhe 300 lb chick into that mix and i had the odd (overly sensitive maybe...?) feeling he was trying to say something about me and him and him not minding my weight....?
i tried to deflect it into feelings... like maybe he was questioning why hes attracted to me and i thought maybe he likes me and cant figure it out why..? like im not hot enough for him?

the union nurse is the one who sent me those texts saying the union said you think you got away with this but you didnt....
i think theyre going to f**k her up, but hey, i dont work there and they didnt even fire the one nurse who had the pt die. but they wanted to fire me? i didnt know checkboxes are so deadly. and im sure that scumbag drug addict is still walking around. i didnt hurt him. hope he gets all that he deserves is all i can say. i stopped his discharge and jumped thru hoops. and kissed his ass knowing if there was any problem id be dead meat. and he was awfully proud and bragged to the other nurses after me that he got me fired. now who couldve told him that? his friend the administrator? is that right? i have privacy dont i ?

Now that first part of this is a really good post! Sounds like you were really thinking about the reality of the tapes and what they might show...nothing really. And, you are so right! You couldn't see anything at the detail level of proof anyway. And, I don't blame your attorney for not wanting to go to a hearing without seeing the tapes.

Not to be negative, but I really do not think her subpoena is worth all that much. My hospital ignored most of these types of attorney generated documents, and in my experience, and unless a judge signed them, they are more like wishful thinking or a petition.

TMM is not insightful, agreed; he just has rotten timing. Seemingly a lot, don't you think so? Your husband intuiting? Well, okay maybe not. You have a point there, plus he is an engineer. They tend not to be too solid with all that insight and emotional stuff. I guess intuition is just not gonna happen.

Dr a: He is decompensating. It started in earnest around Christmas and has been rolling along ever since. He did seem pretty nice when you first met him, but his ability to be kind and emotionally intelligent is not very good, and it shows up more and more each day.

Not shaving legs as birth control? Really? What about all those European woman? A la natural? lol

I doubt you suffer from Dr b's perspective, a lack of "hotness". Perhaps it is that you have a decent marriage and that he is unwilling to push you. I do think he likes you, but I also think he respects you. Respect is a big thing for men, huge in fact. And, it is our greatest complement.

If he feels respect for you he will not cross a boundary. He will edge the boundary on occasion for fun, but unless something drastically alters with you or your marriage, I think he will be okay with you. He does treat you with dignity most of the time. True, he says dumb things on occasion, but he is, as you said, a man.

Does your attorney know what you just told me about the privacy issue and how the patient would have know that you were fired? That seems like an element that could help in the right circumstances. Steven

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well i now her subpoena isnt worth anything. ive paid twice now to get someone to go at 2 diff times to get a diff judge. they said theres a better chance a judge will sign if now they sent one without the judge and they ignored it for us to argue and say we gave them a chance. so theyll have to try again next week. i cant wait to see this f**king bill.
my husband admitted that he likes this guy mike on that sitcom the middle. he laughs or smiles at things he does /(rob doesnt like sitcoms) and last night we watched it. well the wife finds out that mike has a cat for 7 years named limestone. and now the cats sick, and dying. and i said wtf? how dont you mention that? and i looked at him and said omg youre just like mike. wtf is that? so he didnt say anything. (i love living in silence...) and then i said you would hang out with mike. mike would be your bff. and he said yeah i would hang out with a guy like that.
now i just have to find rob a friend. he doesnt have any. other than engineers.

listen bullshit that goes on in europe isnt the same with american men. the home of i deserve a super model even though i look like XXXXX XXXXX. and i havent met a man who doesnt think he deserves her. if theyre normal. if theyre suicidal maybe they dont think they do.
and men always go for women 1 to 2 levels ahead of them. so if the guys a 7 hes with an 8 or 9 if hes got some money. if hes rich all bets are off and well hes with some hot chicks thatr have nothing to do with their level of looks.

dr b has never insulted me. ever. he says goofy things more but i never remember walking away hurt or angry from him. which says alot really. i cant say that about alot of people.
and hes offered to help me with nsg care. (i can only say that of 2 other drs i used to know - the dr from spain who was the head of the icu and another icu dr who was just so sweet. he could intubate before i finished pushing versed. and difficult intubations too. i was kind of attracted to that but he was getting divorced. he was very nice.)
and he helped me clean the floor when i dropped that water.

i dont now about the hotness thing. he seems to flirt then hell waver, or whatever. i think if i was thinner hed be more all over me. i dont know if he respects me....?

ive told the attorney all these spinning out of control rumors and crap/. i think prob none of it matters. im shit out of luck as they say. its a pattern for me.

tmm2 is text messaging me telling me i can stop at his office hes moving to on long island for his independent company... on the way home from work. i said why would i do that?

im trying to get invites made for kates birthday. god everythings so tedious... i dont feel like cooking either. i want pizza.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HEY. answer on next question...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi dr steven olsen

listen bullshit that goes on in europe isnt the same with american men. the home of i deserve a super model even though i look like kevin james. and i havent met a man who doesnt think he deserves her. if theyre normal. if theyre suicidal maybe they dont think they do.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi steven just answer keeps moving my new questions into follow ups. which is really annoying. i will ask a new new question. well continue our conversation there. so dont answer on this one.

Well, I see that you had your previous question answered by some handsome doctor. Wow, should I be threatened? Was that dr a? lol

Well, even among men, engineers are kind of an anomaly. They are the most exacting and precise, and as far as emotional insight, not known for it. But Rob sounds okay to me. He seems pretty typical guy actually.

Your attorney is trying, I will give her that. But I think that you hit this well when you realized that the tapes really could not be that significant. And, if that is there case that is not much. Truly, this sounds like you ticked someone off at a personal level and this is the payback that they want to give you. I just cannot see that all this fuss if over a charting error, prechart, whatever. It seems like it is fueled by something emotional, not just professional.

Did I strike a nerve with the European women comment? If I did I am sorry. I didn't think I would get that level of reaction from you. I was just joking you know.

I can say that dr b respects you. He would not act as he does if that was not so. He may like you more as a friend than anything else and that may certainly be the issue and not anything related to weight. I am sure he sees you as a person and as someone he can have fun with, and respect.. He is not like dr a at all and I think he makes a good, though cautious, friendship. (ya just never know)

I have had many days where pizza is the desire of the day, and that is as much as the want list goes. Sometimes you are just too tired for much else. And there is just so much to do with work and kids. I relate to not feeling like it. Why would tmm 2 expect you to see him? He is loony. I often think he is more out to lunch than even you say. Steven

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well i was trying to get you to switch to the other question, the other question wasa a fake - they keep putting my questions as a follow up. were closing this one. im answering here since i write long responses. but youll answer on the other one ok?
and yes kates getting her toy story themed party. believe me no one is getting me to not do kates party the way she wants it.
believe me.

yes that was dr a. i cant stop thinking about him. and he likes to screw up medical things on the side, so there he was.as an aside i cant stand that expert. hes done that before. and hes an ob gyn, why is he answering a mental health question? and he doesnt even know ob gyn. he answered an ob gyn question i had once. dont get me started. you know how i feel about people who arent good at their jobs.
and yes you could feel threatened... lol.

rob is ok. but he can be trying at times.

the people at that hospital are f**ked up. another nurse who got ran out of there - she said theyve killed plenty of people and the people who did so still work there. it wasnt about a charting error.
it doesnt matter what it was about. the point is not letting them succeed in messing with me. today should have been my meeting and i possibly couldve been running victory laps around my backyard. but i guess not.

i also was joking about the european women comment. and if you get nauseated about people who smell... well youll love the europeans. esp the eastern block. whoa.

dr b. if were in the friend zone... well that sux.
really sux. i dont want men to think of me as a friend.

tmm2. he was trying to convince me to send naked posed pictures. i told him i still hadnt decided if i was going to run for president and cant take the chance that i have naked pics out there. i have never taken any for my husband out of fear of a split and them being out there.

he did say hed woo me with diamonds and complements. thatd be a 1st, but hey lets see if he comes thru.
then he said something about hed have 50lbs lipod out and plastic surgery to look like brad pitt.
hmm.
he is a little heavy, but not really overweight... and whoa is all i can say to the plastic surgery.
i guess he thinks i will go to see him.
plus he said in one of the texts is there a chance i will see your smiling face?
As i have to say something in response to each question...But see the other for the "answer"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HA, STEVEN you give yourself away!!! :)
so you want to know if i dressed up in a black leather corset and had black patent leather high heels with thigh hi stockings and a whip....
hmm. should i tell you?
i just had the thought that as a therapist women may confide in you all their innermost thoughts of sex... and you may like that. :)
youre a bad bad boy.
go confess to your therapist....
who may get off on you getting off ... well ok maybe we should all just shut up.
or just enjoy it. hey we only have one life.

rob bday was last sunday. and i had to work. my inlaws had watched the baby all week and my parents only came home the day before. so we didnt have a babysitter. i didnt arrange for one for this weekend either. but neither did he. our plans are to try to find another of the door he messed up - i got paid - and this check is one of our bonus checks.. plus measure for a swingset... and other boring tasks.
so the day didnt happen.

i could harass you so much more if i wanted. it shows the integrity and strength of character i have that i dont do more to you.

drb. i want all men to think im hot. end of story. i dont care if you think its f**ked up.
i even want dr a to think im hot. i dont think he does, i think he thinks of me as a fat married woman as jenn says, but well one im not as heavy as jenn, or as old, and im taller and blonder. and i happen to not be pregnant either...
anyway yes itd be bad for dr b to really persue me. but i still want him to want me.

yes there is no video (that i know of...) of me. sexting is another story. woops. oh well prove i texted it and not my friend who borrowed my phone? (yeah im in the lawyer zone..)

tmm 1 or 2 - plus most other men are out to lunch steve. think of all the bullshit women come crying to you about men. theyre assholes.
mine is ok. he used to be better, but im sure i couldve married a worse guy. ive had the opportunity. it is what it is.

tmm2 i can just put him off til he gets bored. sometimes ill answer sometimes i wont. i really didnt agree to anything, just made him spin around out of boredom really. he texted 1st so i dont feel guilty about it. and shame on him.

i just booked our 6 plane tickets for disney. whew one more load off my back. then again i was hesitating thinking maybe i shouldnt... then i thought hey were doing this whatever. you know?

ps, you didnt find it funny that i still havent decided if im running for the president of the united states?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
dont answer here. stupid website keeps putting my response on the wrong question. how? i dont know.
Well, I have to answer something to clear the question...so look, but do not post and this should resolve.