Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.

This is for Dr. Keane.Hello. I have a womens shoe fetish.

This is for Dr. Keane. Hello. I have a women's shoe fetish. I have had this since November 2004. I have been going to the thrift store to buy women's used shoes once a month. The lady who works there is so pretty but I do not want her to think I am a freak as I sniff the used shoes there and I buy the shoes that have slight or heavier foot aroma. She did not answer back last time when I said hi and there were some women near the counter. One of them laughed as she saw me carry four pairs of women's shoes. I do not want to stop going there as I would rather my money go to a good charity instead of an auction site like ebay. I am worried her or some other women might see me as a freak but I am not. Kerry on the King of Queens show said life is too short not to do things to make you happy. I am happy when I sniff women's used shoes. It is one of the few things that makes me happy as I live alone. How can I preserve the aroma of these used women's shoes? Should I place the many pairs of used shoes in drawer carts, an underbed box, totes, or should I get storage boxes with hinged lids or latch boxes? Or do you recomend something different where I can store about 15 to 20 pairs to protect the shoes and preserve the aroma of these used women's shoes. Thank you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic,I have written an email to Dr. Keane so that when she gets online she will see your question. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your continued patience... please let me know if I can help further:-)
Expert:  Norman M. replied 2 years ago.
Well ,since Dr Keane has not been able to help yet, I'll do what I can.

Let's get one thing aout of the way first. You like to smell shoes that ladies have worn.

It's not illegal, it's not immoral and it's not fattening - so just enjoy it. You are harming nobody, and we all have our secret little sexual delights.

I suspect, to tell you truth, that you migh quite tnjoy the frisson of pleasure or anxiety you experience when yo make your purchases. Many of my clients say that in fact this is part of the overall experience - and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Mist clerks in stores are only to help people who want to purchase something 'forbidden' - they have seen it all before and are usually sympathetic. If a lady laughed at you buying sme shoes, I expect she was not being unkind, just faintly amused. Perhaps she felt a bit embarassed when she bought her latest vibrator!

Now to get practical - each pair you buy has it's own unique aroma, I suspect, because we all have quite distinctive personal odors. So to preserve those, a large, sealable plastic bag for each pair is required. Simple.

Then just put them all in a box and take your pick when you like. You are not a freak, you are perfectly normal - you just have different preferences. Me - I don't like the odor of worn shoes, either mens or womens, but I do like a beer sometimes, and alcohol causes many more problems than used shoes!

Good luck,
NormanM
Experience: ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.