Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.
14727623

time it takes to rid of medicatioons

ON THE AVERAGE, HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR MEDICATIONS TO COME OUT OF ONES SYSTEM IF I WERE TO STOP TAKING MEDICATIONS? Made a mistake I am female'

5feet 1inch and 175lbs.. I gained 60 pounds on these medications/

I'M going to change psychiatrists.

Basically, the time taken for a medication to leave your system is dependent on its half life (the time it takes for the plasma level of the drug to reduce by half), and upon the metabolism of the individual and how effectively the individual's excretory system (mainly liver and kidneys) is working.

Here are the half lives for your meds:
Geodom - 7 hours
Trazodone - 6 hours
Luvox - 16 hours
Xanax - 11 hours.

Assuming that your metabolism is normal, and you liver and kidneys are working well. then in theory the Xanax should be gone from your system in approximately 48 hours.

However, there does tend to be a residual build in fatty tissue, which makes the mathematical approach a rather inexact science.

Importantly though, you must come of these meds bay tapering them off gradually to avoid unpleasant withdrawal effects. Ask your new Doc to work out a schedule for you.

Best wishes,
NormanM