Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I have a question about my grandmother. she is 69, widowed and has been very agitated, ner

Customer Question

I have a question about my grandmother. she is 69, widowed and has been very agitated, nervous, can't seem to relax hands or any body parts to the point she can't even grip the steering wheel. She does not have arthritis. She also constantly clears her throat, her eyes always seem to dart around and has extreme mood swings (low to high within one day). Seems to be in constant denial with her health to the point where she won't check her blood pressure even though she had a stroke. I am really concerned but don't know what to do or what this is? Thank you
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  KansasTherapist replied 4 years ago.
I suggest you see if you can get her to go to her doctor. She is definitely having problems, but it's hard to say whether they are medical or mental. It would be best if you or someone in the family could go with her, but if she won't let you, try to call the doctor before hand and let him or her know what you've observed.

Do you think she would go to the doctor?