Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist

I have taken Cymbalta 30 mg for four years. I asked my doc

I have taken Cymbalta 30 mg for four years. I asked my doc to be switched to Prozac. I was feeling Prozac might be s better choice for anxiety. Doc had me start on 10mg of Prozac. Stop Cymbalta with no wean. I am struggling with dizziness and brain fog. Please advise. Thank you!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr-A-Greene replied 4 years ago.

Oh boy - no step down? I would suggest that you call your doc and inform him or her of the symptoms you're having. They sound typical for withdrawal from Cymbalta. That can be a rough one to start and stop.

Withdrawal symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headaches, irritability, and even vivid nightmares. In general, withdrawal symptoms can begin up to a week after the medicine is stopped and last from a few days up to three weeks. If the medicine was stopped unintentionally, symptoms will improve once the medicine is started again.

Again, calling your prescribing physician might be a good idea.

Good luck to you and please let me know if you have any further questions!