How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Dr-A-Greene Your Own Question

Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 309
Experience:  Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr-A-Greene is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds
Mental Health

I am in the process of filling out SSA-3380 and SSA-3373 forms

for an Autistic-Non verbal with... Show More
for an Autistic-Non verbal with behavior problems. What are some key words I need for my application.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Show Less
Ask Your Own Mental Health Question
replied 5 years ago.
What do you mean? I may be able to help, but I need more information...
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.

I need to use proper wording so that my application for SSI does not get rejected. It is for a male 18year old Autistic Non-Verbal who loves to bolt/elop.

Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist replied 5 years ago.

Okay - if you could give me a sample question or example it would assist me. It's a little too open-ended for me at the moment. Has he been formally diagnosed/tested?


Customer reply replied 5 years ago.

How do the person's illnesses,injuryies, or condditions limit his/her ability to work?


He needs to be prompted, instructed and lot's of repetition. Yes, he been tested at school for his Triennial.

Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist replied 5 years ago.
Here is some sample wording (without knowing more): "Marked and sustained communication impairment in both verbal and nonverbal realms" - "Stereotyped and repetitive tic behaviors" - "inability to regulate social interaction" "lack of social or emotional reciprocity"...
Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist replied 5 years ago.
Okay - I see. I would note that he has an inability to communicate with others (using some of the language stated above) and that he cannot follow direction or initiate interaction in a meaningful way as indicated (possibly) by lack of eye contact, facial responsivenessm and failure to respond. Basically, noting behavioral cues and answering the questions directly is best. Has this helped you at all?
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
Thanks, Can you fill out the application for me? LOL Okay, I will now look back at my answers and use different terms.
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.



This has been a big help and I will be sure to focus on the issues that he has.

Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist replied 5 years ago.
:) - I know! The paperwork can be so daunting. Also, I would keep a copy for yourself once you're done in case you have to apply again. Sometimes people get turned down the first time for no good reason. Please don't get discouraged if that happens - just apply again and eventually your son will get what he needs (luckily it sounds like he's already got part of it - a good parent!) Best of luck to you!
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.

Thanks so much for your help! If I have another question will you be around?


Thanks again!

Dr-A-Greene, Psychologist replied 5 years ago.
You're welcome and yes, I should be. I check every day at least. Don't hesitate to ask.

Related Mental Health Questions