Ask Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC Your Own ...

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Hi Kate, Our latest messages have been locked so I guess

Hi Kate,

Our latest messages have been locked so I guess something worked.

My daughter and I went to church today because I thought it might help me. But I think it made me angry at God for allowing this to happen again to me. I know it is not His fault and that we are given certain freedoms in the hope we choose wisely. Nevertheless, I feel very, for lack of a better word, grouchy (or at least that's what my daughter told me).

I think I am beginning to realize that this will be a big battle for me. I was still not over the other assaults, etc. and then this happens. I feel so emotionally exhausted that some days I wish somebody else could just take care of me. I don't feel like struggling anymore. I want to give all my bad stuff away and just be able to enjoy things like I used to. It seems like just a passing wish to me with no real chance of happening. I think I have lost my hope. I think I am beginning to lose my faith.

I know I am complaining quite a bit but I just can't seem to help it. You are considerately kind to continue helping and supporting me.

Kathy
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still need help.

Hi, I am a Moderator with Just Answer, I have Emailed your Expert so that when she comes back on line she will see your response and will return to assist you. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience:-)

Expert:  Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC replied 2 years ago.

Kathy,

It is very discouraging to always go through such trauma. Anger at God is normal and He understands. He can also help you cope with this. You can pray for guidance, to express your anger and for help in coping. It is helpful to know that you are not alone and that God, who is all powerful and loves you, is there for you and can do something to help you.

This feels like a big battle and it may be. But looking at the whole picture will only make you discouraged. It is much easier taking it one step at a time. The grouchy feelings you have may be because you feel so overwhelmed and helpless about what is going on. Taking things one step at a time will help you feel less overwhelmed.

One thing you can try is taking care of yourself. You mentioned that you would love for someone to take care of you. If you can find someone to do that, even if it's just for a day, that would be great. But if not, you may need to work on it yourself. Take a day where you can just get pampered and cared for. If caring for yourself means a manicure, pedicure and haircut, spend a day at the spa. If it means snuggling in at home and doing nothing, plan a day that you stock up on DVDs, books, food and all your necessities. Shut off the phone and get into your favorite clothes. And do all the things you enjoy. By caring for yourself you can give yourself the energy to cope with the traumas you have been through.

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just want to curl up in bed and be left alone. I feel so empty and sad inside. It feels like my tears will never stop. Will they? Will I get through this latest trauma?

I feel like my body is just there to be used by others. I'm not worth anymore than that. Could that be true too? I feel so ugly inside and out. I really just want the pain to stop but I don't think it is going to.

Kathy

You will get through this Kathy. You may feel very sad now because that is a very normal reaction to a trauma. You would be odd if you did not feel that way. But as time goes on, you will begin to feel better. It may be a bit slow since you have been through so much, but every day is a chance to make progress.

You are not here to be used by others. No one is. God did not make you for that purpose. He made you to be special. You matter to so many people. And what happens to you may be very painful, but it does not define who you are. You are God's child first then you are a person, a mother and a loved one. Those are the roles that define you. What happens to you is bad, yes, but it does not make you who you are.

Kate

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist