Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist

I like to wear girls clothes. Panties, dresses and makeup.

Customer Question

I like to wear girls clothes. Panties, dresses and makeup. Do I need to see a therapist? I am 59 years old. Thank you. I only wear them at home. I recently bought panties and a mini dress online, but I did buy some lipstick & gloss at a local store.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for writing in JustAnswer.
Let me ask you a few questions first.
When did you start wearing girls clothes?
Do you have anxiety or depression in general ?
Please let me know by clicking on “Reply” and I will then craft my response.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I first wore a dress and panties when I was 18. I have had anxiety for over 24 years. I am taking zanax for that. I was recently told that I am xxy instead of xy. Only recently did I start to buy panties and dress, This week I order many things. My heart starts to race when I think about wearing them. Also my T level was very low. But I am now taken something that raised my levels to normal. Thanks again
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your reply.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
It sounds like you have had anxiety for many years.
Your impulse to wear girls clothes and panties may have to do with your anxiety, unresolved issues in the past, and/or sexuality issues.
I would advise you to explore your desire and impulse to wear girls clothes with a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety, sexuality issues, and Psychodynamic therapy.

You may benefit from seeing a psychotherapist to express and process your feelings and thoughts and get advice and support WEEKLY to reduce your anxiety and possible obsessions with girls clothes.

You may ask your doctor for a psychologist/psychotherapist that you can work with weekly. Or you may call your insurance company and get a list of providers (licensed psychologists or psychotherapists) in your area.
Or, you can search a licensed psychologist on internet- such as the PSYCHOLOGY TODAY website. Go to (http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/ppc/prof_search.php?iorb=4764) and enter your zip code and optional category of specialty such as anxiety, sexuality and Psychodynamic therapy. Read psychotherapists’ profile to see if he or she has the specialty. You may also want to create your mental image of psychotherapist that you want to work with – Male or female? To note, many therapists offer initial consultation for free. So you can see it as an informational meeting. You can ask any question and negotiate psychotherapy fee.

If you have no health insurance or seek a low fee counseling, you may call The United Way toll free # XXXXX (Dial 2-1-1)to find the community mental health centers in your area in which you can get counseling even without health insurance.

Additionally, you may benefit from having a support group for men with similar sexuality issues in your area. To find a group therapy or a support group, contact a local hospital or a clinic by asking if they offer a group for men. If you like to find a support group online, check Mental Health America website section (http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/go/find_support_group) - Find a group in your area.
The website Daily Strength (www.dailystrength) offers an online support group including sexuality issues and anxiety.

Also, a heart-healthy diet like Omega 3 fatty acid may improve your brain functioning and mood. Focus on fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Choose low-fat protein sources, such as fish, lean meat and skinless poultry. Hydrate self during daytime.

Physical activity increases blood flow to your whole body, including your brain. This may help improve your mood and reduce the intensity of anxiety

Other recommendations are:
Avoid excess use of alcohol and drugs.
Sleep in complete darkness and try to be out in bright light during the day.
Spend time in nature weekly
Have pleasurable activities with friends and family.
Choose to listen to sounds that have positive effects on your mood.
Set limits on the amount of time you spend on the internet to avoid information overload.

I hope you get well with all available help.

Please let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any. Warm regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have one more thing . does having xxy and taking 60mg a day testosterone have any thing to do with my problem that I want to dress like a girl or be a girl? Only recently at work, there are a few girls who work near me and I want to wear there dresses.

Thanks again

Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your reply.
I am not sure as to whether these medications are causing you to have the impulse. You may ask your doctor regarding side effects of the medications.
Some side effects of testosterone include:

acne or oily skin
mild fluid retention
stimulation of prostate tissue, with perhaps some increased urination symptoms such as decreased stream or frequency
breast enlargement
worsening of sleep apnea (a sleep disorder that results in frequent night time awakenings and daytime sleepiness)
decreased testicular size
Many of these side effects are not common.

Feel free to ask me a question. All the best,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what about being XXY? I also look at sissyboy sites on-line which get me very excited. Also this week I will be receiving my own shipment of many different kinds of panties and two minis dresses and a babydoll sleepwear I have never bought girl clothes before Do you think I should not wear any of them?

Thank yoy for your time.

Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your response. I don't know what XXY is.
I would advise you to ask your primary care doctor for side effects of the meds.
Some medication can cause or contribute to anxiety and obsessions. Your doctor should know all the medication that you are taking.
It's ok for you to try on these girls clothes if such action cause positive feelings in you and doesn't cause anxiety.
if you are not sure of this, you may benefit from seeing a psychotherapist with the specialty I discussed previously.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

XXY is a sex chromosome. males have xy and females have xx. I have xxy. I have an extra x chromosome. do you see people in private? I live in nyc

By the way I am sitting here wearing panties and wearing lipstick

Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for the information.
Okay, so you have xxy.
I don't live in NYC.
You may benefit from seeing a psychotherapist with the specialty to work on your anxiety issues anyway.
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience: PsyD Psychologist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
why is my information posted on the internet for all to see
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
All questions and answers are posted on JA website.