Dr. Michael
Dr. Michael, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Ph.D. Clinical Health Psychology with 30 years of experience in private practive and as a clinical psychology university professor.

I know my friends husband is cheating on her. Do I tell he

I know my friends husband is cheating on her. Do I tell her?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Michael replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I believe I can be of help to you with this issue.

This is a moral question, not really a mental health or psychological question. So be advised that my opinion is only as 'good' as that of a lay person, professional, nonprofessional, etc. I would not bring this up with your friend unless this is a very, very good friend, and you have absolutely evidence that this is going on. If you suppose her husband might be cheating, without any facts, you should leave this alone. If you know for certain, I'd tell her because she has a right to know the truth. Primarily, she has a RIGHT to protect her health, if the odds are pretty good he is having sex, and possibly unprotected sex. So fill in some details for me here, please.
I see you read my last post to you. Feel free to write a follow up comment. If you have no further comment or a follow-up question, please click on the green Accept button at the bottom of the screen. THANKS>