Suzanne
Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.

ASK SUZANNE, Last night and today, i feel really really depressed.

ASK SUZANNE, Last night and today, i feel really really depressed. I forgot to take the cymbalta and wellbutrin saturday, then took it sunday in the late afternoon. i took it this morning. i just feel really really down and i'm so tired. Is there anything I can do to get me through the day/help cheer me up?
Thanks, Jen
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Suzanne replied 2 years ago.
Skipping antidepressants can have an effect for a couple of days. To feel better, just keep reminding yourself that your medication level is a little low right now, and as soon as it comes back up, you'll feel better.

It might be a good idea to tuck one of each pill in your wallet, so that if you are out and about and remember that you didn't take them, you can do so without having to go back home or take them much too late.

I don't know about your area, but there is a bug going around where I live that is making people feel absolutely exhausted...which is another possibility.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I lost the baby weight. back down to 130 pounds at 5 feet 5 inches. I got my hair done yesterday. I like the color but not the cut so much. going to try to grow it out long. should be much longer by June. finally found a good hair dresser though. my husband got hired full-time. if he works late it is going to be hard for me to get to the gym. will definitely be able to get there saturdays though. he loves me and is a nice guy. we still have 20,000 saved. i took your advice and invited my brother-in-law and sister-in-law over for dinner. everything worked out and everything is at peace with the in-laws. just when i experience really bad lows, my perception of reality is REALLY REALLY OFF. Difficulty focusing on the positive. i see some women who are really overweight with 3 kids and i think if i was them, i'd jump off a bridge. how do people do it? how do people soldier on in life?
Expert:  Suzanne replied 2 years ago.

So glad to hear that things are beginning to get better, and especially that your husband is now working full-time, and that things are better with the in-laws.

How do people soldier on? Just by living day to day, I think. Sometimes things that seem overwhelming when we think about doing them forever are really not so bad on a day to day basis. Someday, those 3 kids are going to grow up and be on their own...Nothing in this life lasts forever without change. The quote "This, too, shall pass" sums up what keeps most people going, even in the face of difficulties.

Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience: LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.