TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Kate, Thanks for the suggestions. I just dont know. I feel

Thanks for the suggestions. I just don't know. I feel like I have hit rock bottom. The terrible issue that I haven't been able to talk about is tearing me apart.

I can't sleep, I can't eat, I don't want to do anything and have no energy regardless. My sadness completely overwhelms me. I don't know what to do or how to help myself. I just want to disappear.

I don't know if you can help me. Maybe nobody can at this point.

You're welcome. I hope you can use them to help yourself.

The issue that you have been dealing with may be what is causing all your symptoms to feel much worse. What do you feel is holding you back from telling someone?

The symptoms you are describing sound like depression. How about talking to your doctor about your medications? Maybe a change or an increase (I don't recall if we talked about what you are on) would make a difference until you feel you can talk about what is bothering you. It's worth a try.

Lack of motivation is a very common symptom when you feel depressed. It makes it hard to move forward when all you want to do is sit or lay down. But the key to feeling better is to change your thoughts. Focusing on them only makes you feel worse. So when you think about being overwhelmed, change your thought to I can handle this. I have before and I can do it again. Make a plan for how to respond to each thought you have about being depressed. Combined with a change in medication, you may feel a lot better.