MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.

i have an 18 1/2 yr old daughter, how can i make her like this

i have an 18 1/2 yr old daughter, how can i make her like this young man who's sincere with his feelings towards her? She said she's not physically attracted to him
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.

Why do you want to make her like someone to whom she's not attracted?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She used to be interested in him but she has also an interest in a boy that won't step up and she knows that
I see. That said, she lost interest in this young man for a reason - whatever it is. That means that she's decided that he's not right for her. Why try to change that?
If her new interest is not a good fit for her, that's a separate issue, but that doesn't mean she should be with someone she doesn't want. From what you've shared, it sounds like she shouldn't be with either of these young men.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I became friends with this young man, should I still continue being friends with him even if my daughter has no interest in him?