MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.

I would like to take 10 rather than 20 mg of citalopram as

I would like to take 10 rather than 20 mg of citalopram as I have in the past. I also take 150 wellbutrin. I think citalopram makes it hard to "wake up" with energy. Do you think this might work?
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.

If you are asking if your energy level might be improved by decreasing the citalopram from 20mg daily to 10mg daily, the answer is yes, it might be improved. On the other hand, if you have a low energy level or feel tired because you still have some untreated depression, decreasing it would be unhelpful. Another option would be increasing your Wellbutrin, say to 300mg daily, as Wellbutrin tends to be energizing. Both options are worth discussing with your doctor.

Does this make sense?