Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist

Are mosquito caps a form of ecstasy? What are they?

Hey there,

Mosquito caps are a type of plant food that is not approved for human consumption, but is sold and sometimes taken as a form of legal ecstasy. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the active ingredients involved, although some plant foods contain a chemical call 'Mephedrone' that people report as having an ecstasy type of effect. There is no approval by the FDA for human consumption, and no long term studies about how taking mosquito caps would affect people.

I hope that I've been able to answer your question. If so, I'd appreciate it if you would click the 'accept' button. Otherwise just let me know and I'll certainly do my best to help you out.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How can Obsessive Cumpulsive Disorder be treated and cured in a 23 year old female who is also alcoholic? She is in recovery, going to AA, however drinking once in a while.She says drinking helps her feel less OCD - repetitive behavior.
The fact that she is in recovery and going to AA is certainly a good thing. However, if she is an alcoholic, she should really avoid drinking altogether because it greatly increases her chances of a relapse. It is possible that the alcohol helps her to cope with her OCD, but unfortunately that is essentially treating one problem with another problem. People with OCD generally respond the best to a combination of medication and counseling, so that would probably be the best place to start. If you could convince her to get a psychological evaluation, that would be the first step and a big help in determining the best course of treatment.

I certainly wish you the best and hope that I've given you a place to start. If I can be of any more help just let me know.