MN Psychiatrist
MN Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist
Experience:  Physician for 17 years, adult psychiatrist for 13 years working with a wide variety of patients.
45841547

I was on Lexapro for 4 years, litght does of 5. I had breast

I was on Lexapro for 4 years, litght does of 5. I had breast cancer and in one years time had a lumpectomy, mastecomy and a hystrorectomy. I changed jobs 6 months ago and live is great. I am ready to get off and stay off Lexapro. The dr had me go to taking the pill every other day for a week and then stop. Since then I have had slight dizziness and today I have started having ringing in my ears. Is this normal and what can I do to help the ringing?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  MN Psychiatrist replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am a psychiatrist.

Since you were on the Lexapro for 4 years, what I'd suggest is going down to 2.5mg of it daily for 2-3 weeks, then 2.5mg of it every other day for 2-3 weeks and then stop it. You should not have any dizziness or ringing then.