Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.

ASK SUZANNE, Sometimes I think about how me and my husband

ASK SUZANNE, Sometimes I think about how me and my husband don't have sex, i have to support him and he has a myriad of complaints coupled with the in-law problems, and it is too much to take and i feel like i made a mistake in marrying him. i told him yesterday and today that i don't love him anymore, then i take him back and tell him i still do. all these things are just too much for me to take sometimes. any advice?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I am a Moderator with Just Answer, I have Emailed your Expert so that when she comes back on line she will see your response and will return to assist you. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience:-)

Expert:  Suzanne replied 4 years ago.

All the things that you're having to deal with would be too much for almost anyone to handle without feeling a LOT of stress.

Try leaving the baby with someone for an hour, and take Anthony in the car for a ride. Men tend to talk better when you sit shoulder to shoulder (rather than face to face) and ask him to tell you what's bothering him.

It sounds like there may be something he hasn't told you about yet...a change at his job, perhaps, that really has him worried. But instead of telling you he's worried, he's being irritable with you.

Even when you two are angry at each other, try really hard not to make statements that can damage the relationship even not loving him anymore. It just makes it harder to get close again afterwards.

And if helping out with his parents, trying to patch things with his brother, and giving Anthony a chance to talk doesn't work, it may be time to try couples counseling again.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't really see what is worth saving anymore. Why would I want to work on the relationship? There is no sex or money in it. He loves me, but honestly, i just feel like I am done. i did go to a relationship counselor by myself for years and then he came with me. He has no sexual drive. Do i want a marriage where sex is always a problem? money has been a problem for years too. i am 36, attractive, nice and other good qualities. After working and trying for years, maybe it is time to cut my losses.
Expert:  Suzanne replied 4 years ago.

It may be that you have reached the tipping point...the point where the bad outweighs the good by so much that it no longer makes sense. I can understand how you could feel that way.

One big issue to consider is the difficulty of working full-time with a young baby and no one to help. If you leave him, would you have someone to watch the baby, or is there daycare at your job? Would you end up resenting the baby because you want to go out on dates, etc., and there's no one to watch him?

I hope you'll discuss this with your therapist/psychologist before making your final decision.

Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience: LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.