Suzanne
Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.
32195369

ASK SUZANNE, I feel like I am under a lot of stress and cant

ASK SUZANNE, I feel like I am under a lot of stress and can't take anymore. My husband has been really cranky and fighting with me lately. last night was horrible. today we talked and i said we are together only because of aiden and it is convienient right now. i just want to go home take care of my son and rest. i just can't take it anymore. i'm really at my wits end dealing with him. he doesn't have sex with me, i have to support him, he complains a lot, i just don't want to do it anymore. my cousin is 9 months pregnant with severe medical problems right now. this too is on my mind. i just don't want to deal with my husband. i don't even want to talk to him. there's just screaming and yelling between us. it is awful. any advice on just how to get through the next couple of days?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I am a Moderator with Just Answer, I have Emailed your Expert so that when she comes back on line she will see your response and will return to assist you. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience:-)

Expert:  Suzanne replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jen,

It sounds like things are going from bad to worse. Is there any way you could get some time away...maybe stay with your mother for a day or two? Sometimes a little time apart gives both people time to breathe and gain perspective.

The last time you wrote, the two of you had started being nicer to each other. Did something happen to change things?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He was suppose to go to his brother's house for his brother's birthday sunday night. He feel asleep and did not go. His brother got mad at him. Anthony wants me to apologize to his brother this is the brother who was screaming at me a couple of weeks ago. I told anthony call your brother apologize and go there with the baby this week. He was on me to apologize i refused, we had a big fight.

anthony isn't helping out with his 80 year old parents like the rest of his brothers are. He could he only works part-time. i explained to him that they are mad at him for this and he could do more to help with them. again he got on me to apologize and i am not. i did apologize to them months ago and got no response, other than his brother screaming at me a couple of weeks ago i have had no contact with my inlaws and they have had no contact with me. this recent stuff is for him to work on and not me. i've been really nice to him, he has been taking things out on me. i'm at the end of my rope. any advice? i'm tired of the screaming and fighting.
Expert:  Suzanne replied 2 years ago.

It is starting to sound like Anthony might be having his own issues with depression. Being irritable, sleeping too much, lack of interest in sex...these are sometimes symptoms of depression. It sounds like he may be deflecting some of his own problems onto you, which isn't good for the relationship.

In terms of the in-law stuff, could the two of you invite that brother and his wife for dinner, perhaps? It sounds like things need to be mended there, on both sides. If that's not an option, perhaps both you and Anthony could chose one thing to do together for his parents. That might soothe the other brother's feelings, and show the family that you're both doing your part.

Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience: LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.