Dr. Bonnie
Dr. Bonnie, Psychologist and RN
Experience:  35 years experience counseling children and families
37122071

I have been taking wellbutrin 150 twice a day for 4 months

I have been taking wellbutrin 150 twice a day for 4 months and quite taking it on Monday because I couldn't stand the side effects another day. So far I've been experiencing some stomach pain and nausea similar to how my stomach felt when I first started taking it. What are the dangers of going off it cold turkey.
Hello and thank you for consulting with JA,

The dangers are suffering the withdrawal symtoms which often feel like the flu. If you can stand it it may last several days (and several weeks for some people). To avoid this you can go off slowly by decreasing the does slightly for several days and then decrease again, etc, etc. Decrease by the lowest dose possible. Be sure to let the doctor know so they can advise you as you go. There are no other dangers though.

Hope this helps....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The doctor told me to take one per day for 3 or 4 days, then 1 a day every other day for 3 or 4 days, then stop. Do you feel this may be a good plan? I don't have a lot of confidence in my doctor's advice.
If you are having symptoms then it is too fast. You may need to take 1 1/2 for a week, then 1 for a week, then 1/2 for a week then off.