Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

hi there, Im really curious. My husband believes I have Bi

hi there, I'm really curious. My husband believes I have Bi Polar. I have been undiagnosed. I have been under a lot of stress and have been taking magnesium as I was advised that this helps and it has.

Do you think magnesium deficiency contributes to the ups and downs of an alcoholic?
Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

Magnesium is a simple mineral supplement, necessary in proper diet but not a cure for Bipolar Disroder.

Bipolar Disorder, very basically, means that a person had had both mania and depressionat some time and may be manic or depressive, or neither at the moment, or sometimes BOTH at the same time.

Depression means feeling sad, worthless, lacking energy, motivation, possible feelin suicidal or thinking of death, and eating and sleeping too much or too little.

Mania means feeling overly elated, having too much energy, talking rapidly, engaging in reckless behaviour, feeling invincible.

Sometimes people with depression self-medicate with alcohol.

If you feel that ou have depression or bipolar disorder (manic depression) then you should talk to a physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, mental health counselor, or other mental health expert. You can be treated for both depression and bipolar disorder, and can even be treated for alcohol addiction.

I urge you to see a specialist and turn your life around. You will be so glad that you did.

I wish you GREAT success.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC