Suzanne, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  LCSW, RN. Mental Health, Relationship & Parenting issues.EMDR, Hypnosis.

ASK SUZANNE, The baby wasnt planned and sometimes I am still

ASK SUZANNE, The baby wasn't planned and sometimes I am still upset that I had a baby and regret having him. When I am with him I am good and I do love him....i just wish I didn't have him. Too much responsibility. Is there anyway I can look at having a baby as a positive thing? Thanks, Jen
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Suzanne replied 4 years ago.

The one very wonderful thing about having a baby is that you have someone who loves you no matter what... He's just happy to have you come home and pick him up and play with him. He doesn't care what color your hair is, how much you weigh--he just knows you're his mom and he loves you.

It is a lot of responsibility...but it is also very rewarding. There are trade-offs to everything in life. If you were still single, you'd have less responsibility, but you'd also be living by yourself, having to go on and date a lot of gross men that you don't like, and when you were down, there'd be no one there to comfort you. There are lots of negatives to every life choice--try not to romanticize how it would be if you didn't have your child. Being alone is no fun either...